Thursday 14 June 2012

Building a Still

So here I am, giving this whole blogging thing a bash again.

I had a blog that I started in September last year. I then ended up with a whole heap of things happening (I had three months off work with a back injury, and I got engaged) and life has just been a bit of a whirlwind. I didn't feel that my last blog was going in the direction I wanted it to, and I wasn't truly happy with the name, hence starting again!

I want my blog to be a place where I can write about what has been going on, and look back on it fondly. There is so much going on in my life right now (wedding, travelling, lots of gigs etc) and I don't document it anywhere. I also recently bought myself a little Nikon 1, which I'm loving, so I'll hopefully be able to post some pretty good photos too.

 I can also get on my high horse from time to time, and I can see me maybe having ranty posts about issues that are close to my heart - apologies in advance for that!

I'm on holiday in Spain at the moment, hence why the blog design is pretty plain right now. I plan to rectify that when I get to my other macbook, because photoshop isn't working on the one I've brought with me :(

The title of this post is from "Woods" by Bon Iver, the full lyric is "I'm building a still, to slow down the time" (although, on googling the lyrics, some people seem to think it's "sill" instead of "still" - confused!). It pretty much sums up what this blog will be - hopefully a way for me to slow down and savour my life a bit more!

Lou
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment